Disclaimer

All opinions and views stated on this site belong solely to Corina Lynn Becker, and do not represent or reflects the views and opinions of any organizations, unless otherwise specified.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Lauren's Hope Review

For quite a while, I had been wanting to get a medical ID bracelet.  An Autism card is good for events where, having trouble communicating, a person can slip out a card and hand it out.  For other situations, when I'm possibly unconscious, I want something on me all the time that's noticeable to paramedics.  Especially when I consider the medical issues I have and medications I'm on.

I've looked at medical ID bracelet companies, including the ones with the yearly subscription so that you practically have your medical history a phone call away.  I've looked at some rather fancy bracelets, some completely plain and utilitarian bracelets, and they were all either too much money or not what I wanted to wear on my wrist every single day.

But then I came across Lauren's Hope  and was genuinely surprised.  The bracelets are a bit expensive, especially for someone with limited funds, but are elegant and beautiful. They are designed so that you only need one tag that you can remove and use with many different bands.  Yes, space is limited on the tag, and you'd have to replace it every time that your medications get changed, but it's a lot cheaper than subscribing to a medic-alert type service.

I love my Lauren's Hope medical ID bracelet, and I hardly ever take it off.  So I highly recommend it; at least take a look, you might find something that catches your eye!

.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I'd think about it, not a bracelet, but a stainless steel dogtag type. And not for medical emergencies, but for any Police encounters I might have. Guns, (and the attitudes that go with them), usually get me rattled. I may seem "normal" to them, but if I'm unable to speak, they might take it as being non-compliant. Not sure what it should say on there. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Clay
    Well, let's see, your name, and something along the lines of "autism, non-verbal when upset, handle with care" ? The trick is to decide what is the most important information you need to convey, and have it in the simplest and easiest words.

    Like, I decided that it was important that to have my diagnosis of autism, ADHD, Anxiety disorder and Sleep Apnea, and that I use a CPAP to breath in my sleep, and my usual daily medications, in case the meds may interact with anything a paramedic might give me.

    ReplyDelete

Remember the Code of Conduct: Be polite, Keep on topic and no spamming please!